The most frequently extracted teeth type: a retrospective cross-section study at Ndola teaching hospital, low cost dental clinic, Zambia
Keywords:Most frequently extracted teeth type, Zambia
Background: The purpose of this study was to investigate the most commonly extracted teeth type at Ndola teaching hospital low cost dental clinic from March 2017 to April, 2017. Methods: During a 3-month period, data on the number of extractions done was collected, including the number of extractions for each teeth type, both on the mandible and maxilla. Results: The highest percentage of extractions was on the mandible (62.3%), and the remaining 37.7% was on the maxilla. The molar teeth were found to be the most frequently extracted (73.2%), with an increased number of extracted 38. Premolars were found to be the second most frequently extracted (18.1%). The canines and incisors both had 4.3% each. Conclusion: From the research findings, it indicates that third molars were the most frequently extracted type of teeth at Ndola Teaching Hospital low cost dental clinic from March 2017 to May 2017. but it does not tell if the trend would be uniform for the other months of the year. In conclusion, further studies would have to be done for longer periods to ascertain the trend.
How to Cite
Asian Pacific Journal of Health Sciences applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license to published articles. Under this license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content, but they allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute and/or copy the content as long as the original authors and source are cited. Appropriate attribution can be provided by simply citing the original article.